Friday, July 10, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies With a Tiny New Twist

100_0240
My mom has been making this recipe for at least 20 years and it was one of my favorites growing up. She usually sticks a Hershey's kiss in the middle for peanut blossoms, which are great but I think sometimes the amount of milk chocolate overwhelms the peanut butter cookie and it's just too sweet for me. Soooo, I got to thinking about a different way to make these. Instead of the kiss in the middle and I melted some semi-sweet chocolate and dipped the bottom of the cookies in it. I really loved the combination and so did my roommates & neighbors. The cookies are soft and have just the right amount of sweetness with a hard chocolate bottom.

Mom's Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

For the cookie dough:
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
3/4 c peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c bisquick
sugar for rolling
semi-sweet chocolate chips

*Combine sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a large bowl
*Beat in the egg and vanilla
*Beat in Bisquick in 1/2 cup amounts
*Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight. (I made the dough in the morning before work and baked them when I came home)
* Roll dough into balls and cover in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
* Bake cookies 8-10 min and cool on cookie sheets for 2-3 min then transfer to cooling racks.
*Once cookies have cooled melt chocolate chips in a double boiler ( I used a shallow bowl) and dip bottoms into chocolate or use a spoon to spread chocolate onto bottoms of cookies.
*Place on wax paper and put into refrigerator to allow chocolate to set. ( I kept the cookies in there because I like the way the chocolate makes a shell when refrigerated.)


No comments:

Post a Comment